A FOREIGN national has been arrested.
This after 10 teenagers, aged between 14 and 19, were rescued by cops from a house in Mulbarton, south of Joburg, on Tuesday, 6 January.
According to the cops, a joint effort by the Fox Security, Joburg Metro Police, SAPS Mondeor, and the Hawks' Serious Organised Crime Investigation's Trafficking in persons section, resulted in the arrest of a 47-year-old foreign national in the Joburg CBD and the rescue of 10 teenage boys.
While on patrol duties on Tuesday morning, JMPD members were reportedly alerted to a shocking incident happening along Broad Street in Mulbarton.
According to Hawks spokeswoman Colonel Katlego Mogale, they were alerted to a group of eight half-naked teenagers walking on foot.
ALSO READ | Lightning survivor lives to tell his tale!Opens in new window
She said upon further inquiries, the officers established that the teenagers were foreign nationals who could not speak English.
"The officers were also informed that there were two more boys who had already been taken away in a blue VW Jetta. The vehicle was later intercepted along the street, but the driver fled, resulting in a high-speed chase which ended in Commissioner Street with the subsequent arrest of the suspect and the rescue of the two half-naked teenagers.
"The suspect will appear in the Booysens Magistrates Court on Thursday, 8 January 2026, on charges of being an illegal immigrant and suspected trafficking in persons. Further investigations are underway," Mogale said.
The provincial head of the Directorate for Priority Crime Investigation in Gauteng, Major-General Ebrahim Kadwa, praised the team's multi-disciplinary efforts in combating human trafficking in the province.












