The seventh edition of the Nedbank Cup Ke Yona team search will kick off in the Eastern Cape at the Buffalo City Stadium in East London on Saturday.
Gates are set to open at 07h00 and youngsters who have registered are encouraged to bring their identity documents for the trials.
There will be additional registration desks at the venue for males between the ages of 18 and 23, who could not register through the USSD portal.
“Countrywide interest from young footballers has been overwhelming, we have received positive feedback from all seven hosting provinces and are looking forward to the first visit to East London. This year’s search will also reach the Northern Cape for the first time since the Nedbank Ke Yona Team Search inception in 2013,” said the excited Tutu Ntuli, Nedbank’s Sponsorship Manager for football.
“We remain thrilled about the opportunity that Nedbank has been able to offer our surrounding communities through football development and have no doubt in believing that the country’s next top talent will be unearthed in the coming weeks.”
Venues for trials
- Buffalo City Stadium in East London (27 April)
- Thohoyandou Stadium in Limpopo (2 May)
- Harry Gwala Stadium in Pietermaritzburg (11 May)
- Galeshewe Stadium in Kimberley (25 May)
- Dr Petrus Molemela Stadium in Mangaung (26 May)
- Ikamva Training Complex in Cape Town (1 June)
- Rand Stadium in Johannesburg (8 June)