The Premier Soccer League has moved to dismiss suggestions that they have treated Mamelodi Sundowns unfairly with their Absa Premiership fixture scheduling.
The League has come under continuous criticism in recent weeks over their scheduling of Sundowns’ remaining league fixtures, amid their CAF Champions League progress.
However, they have since released a statement – in point form – and provided evidence that, in fact, The Brazilians are victim to their own requests made to acting CEO Mato Madlala over their fixtures.
The statement read as follows:
1. After last night’s Absa Premiership fixture between Mamelodi Sundowns and SuperSport United, certain regrettable comments were made.
2. The League does not generally comment on matters such as these which must be dealt with responsibly and with the affected persons.
3. One aspect that must be clarified relates to the congested fixture list faced by Mamelodi Sundowns.
4. The congestion faced is the result of Mamelodi Sundowns continental success, which is to be celebrated. The League has however made every effort to accommodate Mamelodi Sundowns in very difficult circumstances.
5. The remaining Mamelodi Sundowns fixtures are on dates and times provided by the club in a proposal of the 25th of March 2019 which is attached and was accepted by the League.
PSL Media Statement: Mamelodi Sundowns and fixtures. pic.twitter.com/2nRP2ul3SD— Official PSL (@OfficialPSL) April 18, 2019