Royal AM owner Shauwn Mkhize has hit back at allegations made against the club of unpaid wages and living conditions.
This week it was reported that several of the alleged 62 players registered to the club have yet to be paid while some were forced to live together in the clubhouse.
It was also suggested that players went on strike and refused to train with coaches also sharing accommodation with some of the squad members.
But Mkhize has taken to social media to vehemently deny the claims stating that they were not given the opportunity to comment on what she described as 'hearsay'.
I think we have a problem in the South African media landscape and true journalism is lost. Today many journalists only care about getting views and sales. Some are so eager to publish damaging stories to try to ruin peoples reputations instead of just calling to verify.
I wish to clarify some of the damning allegations that were made:
- Our match with AmaZulu FC was cancelled due to medical issues with @amazulu_fc the team were having which I am not at liberty to discuss further but feel free to contact them.
- 8 players were not able to receive payment due to issues with their contracts needing to be finalised. The matter is ongoing and being sorted hence we have personally called the union President to come and assist
- Players that are sharing rooms is out of choice not because we forced them to. They are friends and they asked to be put in the same room.
- We are not responsible for housing players and their families. They are professional players who earn salaries and are liaible for their housing arrangements. We provide accommodation in-season when the team is camping at the base.
- I know journalists have some code “never reveal my source” my advice is to make sure that your “source” knows what they are talking about!!! Royal AM has a full team of people that are qualified to comment and verify on any queries you may have.
I really hope that journalists and media houses that wish to write about me, my family or my team will do a better job in ensuring that they publish facts and not hearsay.
Scroll through the gallery above to take a look at Shauwn Mkhize’s lavish lifestyle