Bundesliga Wrap: Bayern Munich denied top spot by Stuttgart


Bayern Munich extended their winless run to three matches in the Bundesliga after playing to a 2-2 draw against Stuttgart at the Allianz Arena.

Mathys Tel broke the deadlock for Bayern nine minutes before the half-time break and Serhou Guirassy had a goal for Stuttgart disallowed by the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) for a foul in the build-up early in the second stanza.

Chris Fuhrich eventually levelled matters for the visitors just before the hour-mark but Jamal Musiala restored the lead for Julian Nagelsmann's charges three minutes later.

Guirassy finally got a legitimate goal, as he snatched an equliser for Stuttgart in stoppage time.

RB Leipzig bagged only their second victory after a resounding 3-0 victory over Borussia Dortmund at Red Bull Arena.

Willi Orban gave Leipzig an early lead, Sominik Szoboszlai doubled their advantage on the stroke of half-time and Amadou Haidara sealed the deal six minutes before time.

Hoffenheim moved up to second on the table after a rampant 4-1 win over ten-man Mainz at PreZero Arena.

Mainz ended the first half badly as they were reduced to ten men just before the interval after Alexander Hack was red-carded for holding an opponent in the box and conceded a penalty, which Andrej Kramaric missed.

However, Kramaric redeemed himself early in the second stanza as he eventually broke the deadlock for the hosts and Grischa Promel doubled their lead 20 minutes before time.

Munas Dabbur put the game beyond doubt for Hoffenheim in the last nine minutes, while Dominik Kohr pulled a goal back for Mainz three minutes later but it proved to be only a consolation, as Pavel Kaderabek restored rounded off the scoring for Hoffenheim.

Wolfsburg won their first game of the season after edging Eintracht Frankfurt 1-0 at Deutsche Bank Park.

After a goalless first stanza, Maxence Lacroix eventually broke the deadlock for the Wolves on the hour-mark and that proved to be the winner.

Patrik Schick rescued a share of the spoils for Bayer Leverkusen after a draw against Hertha Berlin in a four-goal thriller at Olympiastadion.

Following a goalless first stanza, Kerem Demirbay eventually broke the deadlock for Bayer early in the second stanza but Suat Serdar levelled matters for Hertha just before the hour-mark.

Marco Richter gave the home side the lead with 16 minutes remaining but Schick restored parity for Leverkusen five minutes later.