Premier League wrap - 13 August 2022


Manchester City 4-0 Bournemouth

Manchester City proved too strong for Bournemouth after registering a 4-0 win on Saturday afternoon at the Etihad Stadium.

Ilkay Gundogan gave City the lead on 18 minutes, Kevin De Bruyne doubled their lead and Phil Foden put the game to bed eight minutes before the half-time break.

It went from bad to worse for Bournemouth, as Pep Guardiola's charges went 4-0 up in the last 11 minutes after an own goal by Jefferson Lerma.

Arsenal 4-2 Leicester City

Arsenal retained their 100 percent record after drubbing Leicester City 4-2 courtesy of a brace by Gabriel Jesus at the Emirates Stadium.

Jesus broke the deadlock for the Gunners midway through the first stanza, doubled their lead and grabbed his brace ten minutes before the half-time interval.

Leicester had a penalty on the stroke of half-time overturned by the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) after Aaron Ramsdale brought down Jamie Vardy in the box.

The Foxes eventually pulled a goal back early in the second stanza after William Saliba headed a back pass into his own net.

However, James Maddison restored a two-goal cushion for Mikel Arteta's charges on 74 minutes and Gabriel Martinelli made it 4-2 two minutes later.

Here are the latest transfers that were confirmed this week!

Southampton 2-2 Leeds United

Leeds United's winning start was halted after they squandered a two-goal lead to draw with Southampton at St. Mary's Stadium.

Chances were hard to come by in the first stanza but Rodrigo eventually broke the deadlock for Leeds within a minute from the half-time break and he doubled the lead for the visitors on the hour-mark to register his brace.

Joe Aribo reduced the deficit for the Saints 18 minutes before time and Kyle Walker-Peters levelled matters nine minutes before time.

Brighton and Hove Albion 0-0 Newcastle United

Brighton and Hove Albion and Newcastle United both surrendered their perfect starts after they played to a goalless stalemate at the AMEX Stadium.

The Magpies had a goal disallowed midway through the first stanza for a high foot after Callum Wilson volleyed a strike into the back of the net.

The Seagulls were denied the opener just before the half-time break after Solly March had shot cleared off the line by Kieran Trippier.

Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-0 Fulham

Goalkeeper Jose Sa was the hero for Fulham as they avoided defeat for the second straight game after a goalless draw against Wolverhampton Wanderers at Molineaux.

After a goalless first stanza, Fulham were awarded a penalty in the last ten minutes after Rayan Ait-Nouri brought down Bobby Decordova-Reid in the box.

However, Alekandar Mitrovic's spot-kick was saved by goalkeeper Jose Sa.