Two Man Utd stars in 'training ground fight'

accreditation
Jadon Sancho, Cristiano Ronaldo and Anthony Martial
Jadon Sancho, Cristiano Ronaldo and Anthony Martial

Two Manchester United stars were reportedly involved in an ugly bust-up at the club's training ground last week.

Last Wednesday, Anthony Martial was said to be on the receiving end of a strong challenge from youth team player Daniel Gore during a training session. 

Read: EPL giants set to make unexpected Ronaldo U-turn?

According to the Daily Mirror, the tackle was followed by an angry confrontation between the pair, who had to be pulled apart.

It is said that Martial "lashed out" at the 18-year-old, who refused to back down.

Following the heated clash, though, it is understood that the 26-year-old apologised to the youngster for his role in the incident.

Manager Erik ten Hag was also reported to have intervened, and reprimanded Gore, telling him that tackling first-team players in such a robust fashion during training is off-limits. 

Martial continues to train with United after missing out on France's 2022 FIFA World Cup squad, while the young midfielder involved in the bust-up will be hoping to impress the Dutch manager enough to get his senior debut this season. 

Interestingly, recent reports suggest that Martial was under consideration by Didier Deschamps as a replacement for Karim Benzema following the news that the Real Madrid star will miss Les Bleus' tournament through injury.

Read: OFFICIAL: Benzema ruled out of World Cup

The France manager ended up choosing to not call on anyone to fill the void left by Benzema's force withdrawal, but Martial is still expected to play a big role for Ten Hag's Red Devils this season, especially as it appears increasingly likely that Cristiano Ronaldo will leave the Premier League club in the coming months.

You must be SIGNED IN to read and post comments. 

Click here to register! 

WATCH: RONALDO CLAIMS UNITED NEED MAJOR CHANGE