A UEFA Champions League club has now made a call on the potential signing of Portuguese free agent Cristiano Ronaldo after his acrimonious exit from Manchester United earlier this month.
The Red Devils and Ronaldo announced the end of their relationship with a mutual termination of his contract on 22 November, when the player still had seven months left on his deal.
Read: 'Ronaldo said he DID get a touch of the ball for Bruno goal'
The decision to part ways came after the 37-year-old launched into the club during an interview with Piers Morgan, during which he slated the team's facilities, executive staff, their owners, some club legends, and manager Erik ten Hag.
Since his exit, Ronaldo has refused to answer questions related to the bitter departure from Old Trafford, and in one instance, even left a 2022 FIFA World Cup press conference when he was asked about his former employers.
With the five-time Ballon d'Or winner's future now subject to heavy speculation, there have been reports of interest from the Middle East and Australia, while the former Real Madrid marksman has also been linked with a few top clubs in Europe, including Chelsea and Bayern Munich.
The latter has now issued a response regarding their reported interest in the striker.
"I can rule out a move for Ronaldo," Bayern CEO Oliver Kahn told Sky Sports Germany.
"We considered it, it's our duty.
"We all love Ronaldo but we have a different strategy.
"We have a clear idea, a clear philosophy of how our squad should be put together."
Read: England thrash Wales to book Last 16 spot
Ronaldo remains on international duty after Portugal booked their spot in the last 16 of the World Cup with a group game to spare following their 2-0 victory over Uruguay on Monday.
You must be SIGNED IN to read and post comments.
WATCH: RONALDO REPORTEDLY OFFERED A MEGA DEAL IN SAUDI ARABIA