FNB Stadium has been voted as one of the most beautiful sports stadium in the world by British-based company.
Check it out.
What's the story?
FNB Stadium, has been named as the 13th most beautiful sports stadium in the world.
The over 94 thousand-seater is considered as the traditional home of South African football and features alongside the finest stadiums from the US in the top half of the list.
Read: PHOTOS: Former Banyana Skipper Dazzles In Her Own Fashion Label
Let's take a closer look at how the FNB Stadium and the other stunning venues on the list...
In a list of 41 of the world's most sporting venues, the FNB Stadium landed 13th spot, sandwiched between the Dodger Stadium and the R Premadasa International Cricket Stadium.
The FNB Stadium, also known as the Calabash, was the only stadium from the African continent that made it into the world top 15, which is dominated by US grounds.
The list was compiled by British based company, Online Betting Guide, who put together a thorough and wide-ranging analysis which was conducted through fans from across the globe as well as analysing Instagram hashtags.
The orange-seated stadium plays host to most of Kaizer Chiefs' home games and has hosted some of the world's finest acts in blockbuster concerts.
Beyoncé Jay-Z and Pharrell Williams blew the crowd away at the Global Citizen Concert back in 2018, other Pop music acts such as Ed Sheeran, Justin Bieber and the now defunct One Direction have graced Africa's biggest stadium.
Read: Shrek's Lord Farquaad Chooses Foster Over Ronaldo & Messi
The venue hosted the historic 2010 FIFA World Cup opener, that's well remembered for Siphiwe Tshabalala's screamer against the Mexicans and Spain's golden generation certified their legacy against the Dutch in the final.
The Soweto Derby brings in record crowds at the stadium on an annual basis, while Bafana Bafana host the majority of their home games there.
The FNB Stadium also featured above the Wembley Stadium (30th), home of English football, Barcelona's Camp Nou (35th) and Bayern Munich's Allianz Arena (29th).
Here's the top 15:
- 1. Asgiriya Stadium in Kandy, Sri Lanka.
- 2. Folsom Field in Colorado, United States.
- 3. LaVell Edwards Stadium in Utah, United States.
- 4. Stadion Kantrida in Rijeka, Croatia.
- 5. Busch Stadium in Missouri, United States.
- 6. Rose Bowl in California, United States.
- 7. Sanford Stadium in Georgia, United States.
- 8. Bryant–Denny Stadium in Alabama, United States.
- 9. The Float @ Marina Bay in Central Region, Singapore.
- 10. Jordan–Hare Stadium in Alabama, United States.
- 11. Gaylord Family Oklahoma Memorial Stadium in Oklahoma, United States.
- 12. Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, United States.
- 13. FNB Stadium in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- 14. R Premadasa International Cricket Stadium in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- 15. CenturyLink Field in Seattle, United States.
Scroll through the gallery to view some of the stunning stadiums:
Have your say on FNB Stadium being voted as one of the best sports venues in the world...
You must be SIGNED IN to read and post comments.