- Wedding season is upon us in South Africa.
- The warmer weather offers us brighter days and longer daylight, perfect for taking pictures that'll immortalise the special day.
- From The Queen to Gomora, these are the top TV weddings of 2022.
Wedding season is upon us, and we have been seeing a surge in people celebrating their nuptials.
Due to the warmer weather and brighter days, we often see South Africans tie the knot during the spring and summer months. And with all the beautiful sunshine, guests are also likely to be in a more festive mood because who doesn’t love a wedding?
Over the past few years, we’ve seen production houses take their on-screen weddings to the next level, so much so we've started to wish we were there to witness these fictional characters tie the knot.
Television shows, like The River, are leading the pack with their on-screen portrayals of weddings.
Whether it’s Zolani (played by Lawrence Maleka) marrying his own cousin, Tumi (played by Larona Moagi), or Zweli (played by Hlomla Dandala) marrying his former helper - one thing is for sure, the on-screen weddings have been stunning.
READ MORE | GALLERY | An exclusive look inside The Queen’s Hector and Harriet’s wedding
This year we’ve seen The Queen’s Harriet (played by Connie Ferguson) and Hector (played by Rapulana Seiphemo) had their breathtaking wedding, with even better décor. Gomora's Thathi (played by Katlego Danke) and Phumlani (played by Buyile Mdladla) also tied the knot, albeit with some drama, at a beautiful venue in Muldersdrift, Gauteng.
Here are some of our favourite TV weddings from this year so far:
1. The Queen - Harriet and Hector
2. Gomora - Thathi and Phumlani
3. Generations - Ayanda and Dali
4. Diep City - Lerato and Bafana
5. Scandal - Gloria and Caiphus
This article has been updated.
Don't miss our top stories, sign up to the TRUELOVE newsletters now!