Be inspired by Queen B in your life and your efforts to be the best version of you. Here are a few takeaways from our intimate conversation with her:
1. On social media
· Social media is just as important now as TV, radio and newspapers.
· Use social media as a representation of and expansion of your brand.
2. Being successful
· Her definition of success is waking up every morning and doing what she loves.
· Money and material things should never be used as the only measure of success.
3. Sustaining relationships
· Love wholeheartedly and make peace with getting hurt, for anything is possible when it comes to matters of the heart.
· Never limit your happiness fearing what could go wrong.
4. Being herself
· People relate to you more when you’re genuine, pure and open.
· It’s completely okay to be sad, loud, wretched and still succeed in your career.
5. Rising above scandal
· Like the popular saying goes, it’s not about the number of times you fall down but how you pick yourself up.
· Be happy at all times, because you’re worthy of happiness.
Watch the exclusive video from our cover shoot with South Africa's media darling:
For more of Bonang’s 31 life lessons, get our June issue, in stores now!