MAKES | 8 PREP + COOKING TIME | 42 minutes
- 3 cups cooked SPEKKO SAMAN BROWN RICE
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped spring onions
- 1/2 cup cake wheat flour
- 1/4 chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and black pepper
- to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Olive oil for frying
1. In a large mixing bowl, add the rice, carrots, eggs, corn, spring onions, flour, parsley, garlic, salt and black pepper. Stir until well combined.
2. Add oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. When the oil is heated, scoop 1/4 cupful of batter onto the skillet.
3. Using a spatula, flatten the batter into a circle of about 10 cm. Cook on each side for about 4 minutes or until a deep golden brown.
4. Remove from the skillet and transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining batter.
5. Serve slightly cooled with your favourite toppings. Sour cream and salsa toppings pair very well.